Where in the world can you visit a Jurassic Petrified Forest, view rare and endangered species and enjoy a range of recreational activities in a spectacular, unspoiled setting by the sea?
Welcome to Curio Bay/Tumu Toka, home to:
- An INTERNATIONAL TREASURE, a 180 million year old Fossil Forest recognised as one of the best examples of Jurassic Fossil Forest in the world.
- A nesting site for New Zealand’s unique Yellow Eyed Penguin/Hoiho.
- A beautiful sweeping beach at the the adjoining Porpoise Bay, where a resident pod of rare Hector Dolphins jump and play in the surf.
- Seals and Sealions enjoying a well deserved rest.
- Its campsite nestled subtly into the flaxes.
- Its spectacular wild waves crashing onto the cliffs.